Learn the art of Yo-Yo quilting by Carol Muldrow
Yo-yo quilts are made from round pieces of fabric with long stitches along a turned-under outer edges. Stitches are pulled to gather the circles into rosettes. Some yo-yos are connected with a short seams but others are sewn together to more closely fill the gaps making the circles appear puffed up.
The participants need to bring the following items:
1) Fabric: 1 1/2 yards total of 100% cotton. Each 1/2 yard can be different colors and/or designs.
* Shrink the fabric before the class by washing it on the hottest
washer setting and drying on your hottest dryer settings.
2) Quilting Thread - 1 Spool that matches the fabric
3) Scissors designed to cut fabric.
4) Quilting Needles- Variety Pack
5) Large safety pins
top of page
bottom of page